Monday, April 23, 2007

My Worst Nightmare...


There was a 3 alarm fire in our neighborhood tonight, just a few hundred feet from our house. There used to be two houses to the left of that one you see there. I didn't pull into the hood until about 8pm, about 2 hours after it started. I saw all these cars parked on the street right when I turned in, and then saw a million flashing lights. I almost had a heart attack because they had all traffic turning around and not letting anyone down where we live in the back section. I was able to grab a visitor spot (which I can't even find on my own street most of the time), and walk about a quarter mile to the house with a bunch of groceries, talking to Mo in a panic. It was so surreal, I've never seen that many fire engines and police cars in one place. The houses were still on fire as I made my way home. I changed and put the groceries away asap, grabbed the camera, went back and took a bunch of pix. Called everyone and waited for Karen to get home from her SAFE class around 10. We went back out to get the cars at 11, and every news station in the area was there for their 11pm broadcast.
update from Tues. morning on Ch.7 news with video. Karen said she heard someone say it started by someone barbecuing, but I haven't heard or read that on any of the news yet.

No comments: