It took about 6 hours of work to prep 20 square feet of land just to lay down sod. What should have been a simple task of tilling the ground for the sod became a major project when you couple the crappy dirt we have with my O.C.D. Actually, I do not think what we have in our ground really could qualify as dirt - more like rocks with pebbles, mixed with bricks and cement. I had to use the ax just to break through the ground - the ax is all busted now I might add. Greg got out the camera to take some pictures of all the rocks I dug up - just look at the size of these suckers.


The trash can was full of rocks buy the time I was done - but we have grass now. I also have 4 massive blisters and a busted back - but look how pretty.
No, not this one - this is the before.

This is the after.

Yes, I know that edge is not straight - the neighbors put the edge in and I even guilted them into fixing the line - it was worse. Yes, it does bug me, but I didn't finish until after 9pm and I just couldn't do any more. I did hit in line a bit with a mallet - but that was all I could muster. I am just going to have to live with it.
Now everyone just has to pray for a lot of rain and the kindness of neighbors to water it until I set a date for Wade to come look at our leak downstairs.
2 comments:
you did a great job. thanks for doing it.
Couldn't have done it without your help - although the post did sound like it was all me doing all the work.
Post a Comment