Monday, March 5, 2007

Go this way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn

Survived another weekend with kids - this time snowboarding again with the terrible twosome. We went back to Hidden Valley and this trip we got to spend some time with Ginny, her mom Barbara and the adorable dog Bailey who is the stray find of the year. Mike and Chris are so taken with the dog that they are second in line if Ginny and Dan decide they travel too much for a dog. Bailey is very taken with Ginny so I don't really see that happening.

We boarded all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Chris was a pro from the first trip down, Mike was back up speed by his second trip - me, it took until I changed the binding on my board. After that though it was smooth sailing. Chris has no fear - its fun to watch him turn on a dime. I did beat him down the hill once, once. Mike looks great coming down the hill - he has this laid back swagger to his boarding that is a bit uncharacteristic.

I always have a blast with the boys, most of the time they are great kids. Well, 90% of the time they were great. 6% of the time they were annoying just being kids, 3% of the time they were frustrating cause they were tired and 1% of the time they are lucky I didn't leave them in HV. Somehow while packing the car up the door ended up closed and locked. Thankfully Barbara had a key and I had plenty of Depeche Mode to listen to until I got in a better mood.
Here is a shot Saturday morning before we headed out.

During - we had every type of weather throughout the day - Sun, wind, snow, sleet, ice.

Here is after - j/k.

Here is the real after shot - I was exhausted - made it home in 3 hours and then slept like a baby.

Two tired kids.

Lift shots - me and Mike

Me and Chris

Chris chillin on the lift - we kicked him off cause he does a lot of complaining when all three of us are on one lift.

I took this shot for Greg cause I look like I should be on the planet Hoth.

Chris being Chris.
We got a couple games of Shanghi in - Bailey wanted to play too.

Seriously - isn't this a cute dog.

A very rare sighting - Mike and Chris not only getting along but showing affection.

No comments: