The cats were very happy. I almost feel bad they were sitting in the filth of the clothes that were at the top of the stairs to wash. But they looked comfy, so I left them, plus, they lick parts I wouldn't touch, so I figured they were OK with the dirt. Chewie was more interested in my lap than the clothes.
Kittie looking more cross-eyed than ever.
I settled down to relax, have some tea (it may take some time to wean off the daily tea) and upload the hundreds of photos. Since I am Karen, computers and relaxing doesn't mesh well. Of course something had to go wrong and it did. One of the flash drives of Hundreds of photos is all showing up as blank. I must have really been tired because I didn't stress out. I will simply put all my faith in Greg's mad computer skillz that he can retrieve the photos. The second card uploaded and some are below, but the ones that are missing had all of Shanghai and most of Hong Kong. Karen Ransom did take lots of pictures too, but I had one in particular from my birthday at Yu Garden that was going up on the wall. Keep fingers and toes crossed.
So here are a few pics of the last two days. We went to Ocean Park - it is one of the largest theme parks in Asia. I personally think the driving over there is scarier than the park rides, but they were Freaking out over even the lame Gondola ride. Scary or not, the view beats anything at any of our parks. The ride to the left is the Dragon. We got there as the doors opened and most of the people went to the kiddie rides which left the Dragon for Karen and I all to ourselves. The ride to the right is the Crazy Galleon (gondola ride). Behind us is the Ocean Theater where the dolphin & seal show was held.
The show was so cute. They had 6 dolphins with the pinkest cutest bellies.
After that we went to see the Panda exhibit. They were beyond precious.
I made Karen reenact the poses of many statues and caricatures along the trip. Here she is doing her best imitation of the alligator mascot.
So she made me pose in front of the fish. I think Karen rocked the pose better.
I am super bummed about the potential loss of some pictures. But in the second flash drive I did get this work of art photo at the Ngong Ping Tea House where they demonstrate the art and history of Chinese tea ceremonies. I think even Greg would be impressed with this picture. Goes to show you, if you take enough pictures, a few will kick ass. This is a flower tea - which is more of a work of art than a drink. The leaves and flowers are hand strung together into a ball and when you add the hot water it opens up to reveal a beautiful display and a very yummy drink.
If you enlarge the picture you can see a reflection of Karen, Emily and me taking pictures. Who is Emily you ask? Karen and I were pretty impressed with ourselves managing our way through Shanghai on our own - including the train ride adventures 12 hours from Beijing to Shanghai and 20 hours from Shanghai to Hong Kong. Shanghai was the most difficult to maneuver and the least receptive to foreigners. Most of the time Karen and I were the only pale faces around, so imagine our surprise to look over and see a solo female white traveler. Emily is from London and her holiday makes ours look like a trip to the market. She was in Korea, we met up with her in China and she left on Friday to Ho Chi Mihn, Vietnam before she is off to Thailand and Cambodia. All on her own. And here I was proud to figure out a taxi to our hotel in Shanghai.
Emily joined us as we explored Victoria's Peak and the Tin Hau Temple on Wednesday and again on Thursday morning to Lantau to see the Tian Tan Buddha Statue. How amazing to make friends over 8 thousand miles away from home. Plus, I loved listening to her British accent and Karen and I have a new word to add to our vocabulary - Brillz - short for Brilliant.
Here's a slideshow of the photos I have available to share. Nothing has been commented on yet and as Greg mentioned before - there are Lots of pics so not all of them are great. I took a ton of pictures of the landscape and roads because I could never explain well enough. Hong Kong is like nothing else. The best way I have come up with is like New York and Vegas on steroids. Add to that the lush green hills and trees - just breathtaking. I loved every minute of it and would go back in a heartbeat.
I am happy to be resting in bed with my sweet kitties - and will be even happier when I get to cuddle with my man.
I am going to Mom's to celebrate Easter with the family. Gerda and Gil are in town and even Greg Sr. and Margaret will be joining us. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.
Happy Easter everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment