Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pics from the Hospital..part 1

Here's some pictures from when Dad was first submitted to the hospital. So what's up with the yellow gowns you ask? Nothing with the Becks is easy. At one time Dad had Mrsa - just a fancy name for a staph infection -so they made us wear protective gear before going into Dad's room and take it off when leaving. I should point out that Dad got the Mrsa from the hospital in the first place. But, whatever. We had a little fun with it. And Nurse Ratchet gave us an outlet to vent our anger a bit. I think Mom was about to kick her in her ass if she explained one more time how we are supposed to wear the gowns. And I am Sure she wouldn't approve of us putting the gloves on our heads just to get a laugh out of the room.

Quick update on Dad - He started the chemo on Friday and he's walking around with his chemo in a bag. He's doing well with it so far. Well enough to entertain a houseful of guests. Apparently one of the side effects of chemo is to be a bit controlling. We are taking this one in stride as we have had a little practice living with Dad over the past 30+ years. Only now, we cannot bitch about it. ;)

This weekend we were entertained by the 2/3 of MeJ* and AN's kids. Jack and Maria, and Suz and Carlee. Carlee was adorable dancing around like a princess to Fleetwood Mac. Mom and Aunt Irene were dancing around as well - but they were a little bit influenced by the wine - I love Drunk Mom. Hopefully I can get Greg to post some of those pictures soon. I am SO behind on posting pictures. And I still have to put up some pictures of my trip BC to Philly spending time with the Sullivans.

*We have taken to calling Uncle John UJ over the years. Tatum in her literal cute ways interpreted this as You J - which then became MeJ - Cute as hell - so he's stuck with that moniker from here on out. It's a shame Tot was sick this weekend - she would have had fun at the dance party.

No comments: