Check out how excited JerBecks and UJ were to be 'honorary' judges of the parade - and by honorary I mean they get to wax poetic about who sucks and who doesn't and their opinions mean nothing when it comes to final scores. (I am sure Greg can sympathise with the old man) Their badges do grant them some pretty sweet access to the bands - they get to roam the streets and block the view of the people lining the streets trying to see the performances. In one of the many videos & pictures I will be posting of Freakfest 2007 you will be able to hear a man next to us trying to encourage people to move so we can see. My favorite taunt to an OC Wannabe was 'Move it Princess - your ass isn't that small'. Yes, it did come from my mouth, but it was well received by those around me. Just one of the many reasons I love Philly so much - my sense of humour is properly appreciated. I am *really* looking forward to the drive home with Dad where I am sure I will hear ALL the behind the scenes information about yesterday. This might be why Mom didn't want to come on this trip.
While I am sure we didn't get as close to Bobby Shannon as Pops did - check out me with the Captain of Durning - granted, I did have to look up Durning and they have a total of maybe 30 members in the band - but their outfits were pretty sweet. Note the DIVISION CHAMPS shirt that I picked up for Tiiiimmmmaaay. Still not sure if he will get it or not yet.

Here's a picture of what 'the love of the Lord' looks like. Carlee was mesmerized by her first trip on the Septa. In her defense, we were all a little taken to staring at the 'Mummer Lady'.
No comments:
Post a Comment