Friday, October 9, 2009

Put a Fork In It - The Laundry Room is DONE

It is so nice to have one thing checked off the To Do list! Kinda bites that it is the laundry room. After all the effort that went into this room, it should be used for something more than dirty clothes.

It all started from a leak that mucked up the insulation. And since Wade has so many tools he doesn't miss the ones he left behind during the floor install - we dove in.

After the insulation goes in, then the vapor barrier.

Then the dry wall -


A few rounds of joint compound and sanding and our corners were money.

Primer, Paint and Floors, Oh my. We decided to make some things a bit easy on us and rather than tiling, we put in laminate squares that look like tile. Aside from the fact that the glue took off the top 3 layers of skin off my fingertips - it was super easy. But it looks great and if I want to, I can commit a crime without worrying about leaving behind evidence it was me.

Look how happy I get with a power tool in my hand. The trim and shoe mold went in like butter - well, drummelled butter, but still.

The finished floor. Looks close enough to tile for me.

Our neighbor Lindsay came over to help install the shelves. She is thinking about putting some up in her place so I invited her over to see how easy it is. Greg and I love us some Container Store Alpha shelves.

The done deal.

Well - close to done. We still need to change out the light fixture and grout the trim - But the trim is on Greg. And if he doesn't finish that, as Jerry Beck's daughter, I am used to one thing going unfinished per project. The light fixture is the both of us, but it is held up by Greg hemming and hawing about the light fixture I bought. Once I convince him it's good, it's as good as done.

Now I just need to finish the floors. Hopefully this weekend will be the last of it for a while. Greg will be happy to have his lazy weekends back. I on the other hand will be sad to give Wade back his tools - he has so many, I wonder if I just keep them a bit longer till he notices them gone. Just kiddin' Swade - we appreciate you hooking us up.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks good guys! Love the paint color with the floors. I could make some organizational improvements to my laundry room as well. I think I'll start by vacuuming up all the dog hair!

Michael said...

Sounds like the light fixture is going to sit in Greg's trunk for 8 months until he finds the perfect balance of cheap and functional to replace it.