I don't have much to compare it to, but if you are going to attend a marathon, it's better to support someone who is as good of a runner as Cory. It was great - I would show up to a mile marker, he would run by in less than a half hour. So when I got to the next mile marker, I was one of the first people there. Then the crowds would start to build, and just when I started to get annoyed at everyone crowding me - Cory would go by and I could move on to the next stop.
Here are a few highlights of the day.
Before the race we hung out at the IAFF tent - a great place to hang out ladies.
See... Here we have Boston (forgot his name, only recall where he is from), Cory, Scott (?) and Chad (Prince William)
And they are off. Here they come... Holy crap - so many people!
After they took off I headed over the Arlington Memorial Bridge and over towards Lincoln Memorial. Down by the river was mile marker 10. It didn't take Cory long to pass by, but he didn't hear me yelling his name.
Then I went up to the memorial for mile marker 16.
This time Cory heard me and I got a few shots of him.
One even with the memorial in the shot.
Then over to the finish line. Got a video here - and even screaming at the top of my lungs, he didn't hear me.

But I was able to get a recording of the announcer congratulating Cory.

Cory made excellent time!
He was the second person across the finish line from all the fire fighters. Here's 1 & 2 back at the tent.
The weather was gorgeous and DC is not such a bad place to catch some sights. Too bad my camera battery was low, I would have taken a few more shots. But got a couple good ones. I like this one.
Here's a slideshow of the day. I would have posted this yesterday - but I was exhausted. Just walking around and watching Cory took a lot out of me, I was spent and took a nap when I got home. And today, I am pretty sore. I can only imagine how Cory is feeling today.
No comments:
Post a Comment