Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ah, Memories

Misty water-colored memories... of the way we were.

Last night was the happy hour reunion for the class of '89. I had a great time reliving the past with some old ;) friends from Hellfield. Amanda Farrar (88), Chris Sutton(88), Jason Whitt (89) and Jarod came over last night to partake in some liquid courage and reminisce before heading over to O'Connell's.

We made a quick appearance to see some of the old faces and make some new facebook friends. We didn't stay too long, it was terribly hot and Jason had to be back to Richmond for an 8am jump at West Point where Jason is an instructor.

Mostly we spent the evening at our place laughing and joking about the past. Some of which I remember, some are lost in the cobwebs of my mind and some are burned into my psyche no matter how hard I try to suppress them. :)

I pulled out the photo albums and yearbooks for a quick recap of faces to names. I will have to scan a few to share. Although if I have anything to say about it, the photo Chris Sutton dropped on me - like a bomb - will be burned before scanned. Working at Express during high school was a great way to make money, but somewhere along the way I was brainwashed into thinking the clothes were cool. Alas, I was mistaken and Chris has the pictures to prove it. Express was pushing mom pants as cool way before Wal-Mart was around. Express ruined my '80's (it was funny last night - you might have had to be there)

I will have to steal some pictures off of people's facebook pages because I totally forgot to take pictures at our place.

I did get this one camera phone shot.

Even with it as blurry as it is, you can tell the 20 years have treated us kindly. Jarod is not too bad either but twenty years ago he was rockin' the babysitter rather than studying for the SAT. Who am I kidding, we were not really studying for the SAT's either.

I got a few comments about looking like I did back in the day. I don't know if I should be that happy about that fact after seeing some of the old pictures. Ugh. But I guess it's true because someone recognized me from working at Bennigans and waiting on him.

No comments: