I may be working lots in NY this week, but that doesn't mean there isn't a perk or two. One of the best is walking down the streets of NYC next to some of the prettiest girls in town. Aside from the lovely ladies of the Northeast Team, I am referring to the beautiful Elephants of The Greatest Show On Earth.
The walk begins at the Lincoln Tunnel and ends up at Madison Square Garden. Of course we have to start late - can you image how the city would turn against us if we stopped traffic during the day? Instead the walk begins at midnight and even in the wee hours of the morning and in 27 degrees, the streets were still lined up with people excited to see the elephants and horses. Even a few kids were on their parents shoulders, but it's not every day elephants walk down your street.
The DC Walk was on St. Patty's day - I was supposed to drive one of the clown cars - mostly cause the car was Mini Coopers and I want one so bad - just look how cute I would be with my own convertible Mini.
But alas the traffic in VA always sucks and I was so late they gave my spot away, instead I got to walk with the horses, not my favorite - but the Cossack's are - Very nice.
The NYC Walk I was next to the elephants - my favorite of course. They are not only my favorites - the people were beyond excited - even the Police working the parade were reduced to fans taking photos.
It's kinda tough to take pics while paying attention - I tried to get a cute shot of the MSG sign between the elephants - not bad, but I am sure Greg could do better.
Megan was in town all the way from the West Coast and PatRice was also in town sporting a wee one in her belly! She is so cute Preggos.
I mentioned the Northeast Team - So nice, so cute and so full of estrogen.
The Team Shot:
The Girls of NE (including a few wannabes)
And then the guys:
But something tells me they don't mind. :)
It was a fun night, but I am exhausted and even stayed in tonight to get to sleep at a decent hour. Plus, I have a morning of fun planned with my girl Christy.
YEAH, Christy!!
The beginning of the trip started with a very fun evening with Karen Ransom and her newest additions to the family - niece Maddie and nephew Ben. Awesome kids and I am not just saying that cause they like to play games, were amazingly good when we went to see Wicked or enjoyed watching Twilight as much as I do. Not that those are not all pluses in my book. Karen and I intended to work on the China trip - but playing Blokus and designing cell phone skins took priority. Heck, I have 14 hours on a plane, I could plan the trip then and still have a few hours to kill.
So far a very good trip to NY - the only thing that would be better is if Greg came up with me - but someone has to cuddle with Chewie if I am not there.
Here's a slideshow of the rest of the animal pics - even one in there of Mike and me - he drove his new car over to the pad - with Bummum of course. Even one step lower than me - Mike is still taller.
No comments:
Post a Comment