Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lazy Sunday

My day of sleeping and watching TV has progressed nicely - but Greg thinks I should get to posting, so I moved a sleeping Chewie from sleeping on my belly to sleeping on my legs so I can type with more than one hand.

I missed Dad Fissell's retirement party and worked till the brink of sickness and what do I have to show for it - this picture of Mickey and Minney.

After I took this picture with my camera phone I was notified that my storage was full and therefore this is my only photo to share. Not like I had any time for picture taking, the event was non-stop and slightly chaotic - but it all went well, and hey, we made it onto Perez Hilton - Christy Andact will be so proud! I don't think this is the press Oksana Baiul was looking for - but she does have the ability to dress herself and this is what she came up with. At least Ashley Tisdale has a mirror and uses it before leaving the house.

I know Perez isn't exactly our target audience, but that site does generate over 8 million unique hits a day. (on a side note - when I was at the Jimmy Kimmel Live show I was talking with one of the writers who said that not only is Perez Hilton physically disturbing to look at, but he also smells like a homeless man, for some reason I was not at all surprised that this man might smell bad.)

I knew the LA Premiere was going to be crazy - the NY one was nuts and that was with Ryne (Jason), Kaycee (Martha) and Oleysa (Kelsi) - they were also at the LA premiere along with Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, Monique Coleman and Ashley Tisdale. Parent and kids both clamor, push and shove their way to meet them. I had to help escort them to their seats before and after the show and for intermission. They were all just amazingly nice and pleasant, and took all the attention in stride. Ashley was the only one I didn't meet, but to be honest, she is hard to find, she is the so tiny (with lots of hair). Corbin almost missed his flight because he didn't want to disappoint anyone who wanted to spend some time with him. Monique is gorgeous - and so tiny - but when you are standing next to itty bitty Gabriella or Sharpay somehow that gets misrepresented. Lucas was very nice - and even when I walked into the fire hydrant when I was walking him through the back of Staples Center. Yes, I know, I am a dork. I don't know how they can make Oleysa look so plain in the movie - she is striking in person - she looks a lot like Ashley Olson. They all really got into the show and were up singing and dancing along. Which isn't hard as the show is fantastic. Greg and I are taking Jadyn next week to see it at the Patriot Center. It will be fun to really see the show this time - the fourth time is the charm.

No comments: