I went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday with Amanda, Jen & Allison. Or rather should I say we went to the Feastival yesterday. It kinda felt like I was in training for a competitive eating event. Amanda has the festival down to a science - the shows we sent to see were mostly selected due to the time we felt we could mosey on over and by what food stand it was located near. We have gotten a bit smarter about it than previous years - we get one of something and then share it amongst the ladies. We even go as far as not totally finishing the entire dish. That didn't happen much as the foods we were getting were too good. Even though I don't think there was access to the deep firer back in the 1600's the food offered was mostly breaded and deep fried. Not that I am complaining as it resulted in the fried Mac 'n cheese on a stick!
All the eating and people watching - the other main reason to go to the Ren Fest - tuckered us out so what's a girl to do? Enjoy a little foot and bath massage. Here is Alison getting her Ahhh on.
I was so afraid of losing Greg's camera that I didn't take it out much - got a shot of the King and Queen and their entourage strolling the grounds.
Here's a group shot of us getting ready to enjoy improv group. We also saw the chainsaw juggler. Ohh Ahh.
Luckily while I was off with the girls Gregory picked up my brand new bike! Just goes to show you that Greg does have a nag threshold. So now I can work off the fried green beans and ice cream and croissant sundae with a little bike riding - OK - it will have to be a lot of bike riding - but Amanda and I have been out a few times and I am sure I can get Joc & Jadyn and Kerri to agree to a bike ride or two. I just need to find someone who is willing bike to some Pho Bowl.
The fact that the bike is Eagles color is just a coincidence - but I am not complaining. Speaking of the Eagles, the fact that they crushed Detroit is only marred by the fact that I am now banned from watching an Eagles game with my brother for a while. He is superstitious watching the game and it doesn't bode well for me that we lost the two games I saw with him. It could be worse, apparently Jenel isn't allowed to leave the kitchen during any future games.
No comments:
Post a Comment