
I bought one of an elephant for my sister-in-law, Mrs. Eagney's new 4th grade classroom, but I was looking for one for me. I mentioned I liked the Love Lives Here one, but it reminded me too much of Dad so I opted not to get it.

When Carter asked me why, I mentioned how Dad passed and I couldn't help but cry. That's when she told me how she came about drawing again. On New Years Day in Richmond, the Harvey family was murdered - she was friends with the family - and she just started drawing birds and writing Love Lives over and over. She found comfort in painting and with the thought that the Harvey's would want love to live on as they were an outgoing family full of love for friends, family and life. Carter gave me one of the Love Lives Here prints as a gift, which was beyond kind for one stranger to do for another. I will hang it proudly and think of Carter and how nice people in this world can be. I will also think of my Dad and how much I will always love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment