We had a lot of smiles, laughter and tears pulling together these pictures of Dad for the slideshow. It's true how pictures speak louder than words and throughout these pictures you can see how family, friends, work and fun were what Dad lived for. We will never forget how lucky we are to have known and loved Jerry Beck.
Back in July a friend sent me the video clip below and there was something about it that was so moving. I cannot tell you how many times I played it - it lifted my heart. One night, I was with Dad on the deck (no surprise there) :) and shared it with him. He loved it too. It wasn't just the beautiful locations around the world, the smiles of the kids involved, or the music; all of it together created something uplifting and gave me a sense of hope. Together Dad and I read more about the guy who created it, watched some of the outtakes and laughed. When we were pulling songs together about Dad, I thought about adding it, but wasn't sure. When I uploaded the song to itunes, a link to the lyrics popped up and upon reading the lyrics, I knew I would.
I will not easily forget
The life that stirs in my soul
Hidden amidst Death
That infinite Life
I hear you in the thunder
A simple tune
A tune to which I will arise
And in that storm of happiness
As your music plays in your mind
The whole wide world
Dances to your rhythm
- Lyrics adapted from the poem "Stream Of Life" from Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagoreby, sung in Bengali by Palbasha Siddique.
to watch in HD click here
Dad taught us a lot over the years about family, strength of character, joy of music and especially love. We will struggle with the loss of Dad, but by holding strong to what he taught us over the years we will get through this together. We will keep him alive in our hearts with the help of the best family ever, lots of stories, music, and a deck of cards. For Dad, we love you Always - Greg and YPK
No comments:
Post a Comment